Associate Professor of Statistics
Office: 409 Math Science Building.
Department of Mathematics and Statistics
Bowling Green State University
Department of Mathematics and Statistics,
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, OH 43403-0221, U.S.A.
- Ph.D., Statistics, Department of Mathematics, Syracuse University,, 2006. Advisor: Professor Hyune-Ju Kim
- M.A., Statistics, Syracuse University, 2003
- B.A., Mathematics,University of Science and Technology of China (USTC), 1999
- B.S., Finance and Statistics , University of Science and Technology of China (USTC), 1999
- Mixture Distributions
- Change Point Analysis
- Empirical Likelihood Method
- Time Series Analysis
- Survival Analysis
- Sequential Analysis
- 30. Chen, Y.J., Ning, W. and Gupta, A.K. (2014).Jackknife Empirical Likelihood Test for
Equality of Two Mean Residual Functions. Submitted.
- 29. Hasan, A., Ning, W. and Gupta, A.K. (2013). A non-central Skew t Distribution with
- 28. Chen, Y.J., Ning, W. and Gupta, A.K. (2014).Jackknife Empirical Likelihood Methods on Testing for Equality of
Variances of Two Samples. Accepted. Journal of Applied Statistics.
- 27. Ning, W. (2014). Empirical Likelihood Ratio Based
Goodness-of-Fit Test for Generalized Lambda Distribution. European Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, 7(1), 22-36.
- 26. Ning, W., Yeh, A. B., Wu, X.Q. and Wang, B.X. (2014). Distribution-Free Phase I Control Charts
for Individual Observations Based on Empirical Likelihood Ratio. Accepted. Quality and Reliability Engineering International.
- 25. Wu, X.Q., Zhang, S.G. and Ning, W. (2014). Empirical Likelihood Ratio Based Test for Change Point Detection in Linear Regression Model. Accepted. Acta Mathematicae Applicatae
- 24. Ngunken, G. and Ning, W. (2014). Information Approach for the Change Point Detection in the Skew Normal Distribution and Its Applications. Accepted. Sequential Analysis.
- 23. Hasan, A., Ning, W. and Gupta, A.K. (2014). An Information Based Approach to Detecting the Change Point Under
the non-central Skew t Model. Accepted. Sequential Analysis.
- 22. Su, S., Hasan, A. and Ning, W. (2013). The RS Generalized lambda based calibration model.
International Journal of Statistics and Probability, 2(1), 101-107.
- 21. Zhao, H., Chen, H. and Ning, W. (2013). Changepoint Analysis by Modified Empirical Likelihood Method in Two-Phrase Linear Regression Models. Open Journal of Applied Sciences, 3(1B), 1-6.
- 20. Gupta, A.K., Aziz, M.A. and Ning, W. (2013). On Some Properties of the Unified
Skew Normal Distribution. Journal of Statistical Theory and Practice, 7, 480-495.
- 19. Ning, W. and Ngunkeng, G. (2013). An empirical likelihood ratio based goodness-of-fit test for the skew normality.
Statistical Methods and Applications, 22, 209-226.
- 18. Li, H. and Ning, W. (2012). Multiple Comparisons with a Control Under
Heteroscedasticity. Journal of Applied Statistics, 39(2), 2275-2283.
- 17. Ning, W. (2012). Probabilistic representations of matrix variate skew normal models.
Random Operators and Stochastic Equations. In press.
- 16. Zhang, H.H., Jing, H.F., Ning, W. and Gupta, A.K. (2012). Edgeworth Expansion
of the Moment-based Test for Homogeneity in the Mixture NEF-QVF
family. Communications in Statistics--Simulation and
Computation, 42(10), 2281-2294.
- 15. Ning, W. (2012). Empirical bayes method on changepoints estimation of tumor growth profiles in xenograft experiments. Journal of Applied Statistical Science, 19(2), 105-115.
- 14. Yan, C.J., Zhang, S.G. and Ning, W. (2012). Estimations of the Improper Linear Regression Models with Complex-valued Data. Journal of The Graduate University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, 29(2), 146-153.
- 13. Ning, W. (2012). The Empirical Likelihood Ratio Test for a Mean Change Point Model with a Linear Trend Followed by an Abrupt Change. Journal of Applied Statistics, 39(5), 947-961.
- 12. Ning, W. and Gupta, A.K. (2012). Matrix variate extended skew normal
distributions. Random Operators and Stochastic Equations, 20(4), 299-310.
- 11. Ning, W., Pailden, P. and Gupta, A.K. (2011). The Empirical Likelihood Ratio Test for the Epidemic Change Point Model. Journal of Data Science, 10, 107-127.
- 10. Ning, W., Gao, Y. C, and Dudewicz, E. J. Chapter 8: Fitting Mixture Distributions Using A Mixture of Generalized Lambda Distributions with Computer Code. Book
chapter of Handbook of Fitting Statistical Distributions with R (Ed. by
Dudewicz, E.J. and Karian, Z.A.). Publishing date: October 1, 2010.
Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press.
- 9. Zhang, S.G., Liao, Y. and Ning, W. (2010). Asymptotic Properties of Quasi-Maximum Likelihood Estimates in Generalized Linear Models. Communication in Statistics--Theory and Methods, 40, 4417-4430.
- 8. Ning, W. and Zhao, L. (2010). A Moment-based Test for the Mixture Distributions With Small Sample Sizes and Its Application. Far East Journal of Theoretical Statistics, 33(1), 23-39.
- 7. Ning, W., Gupta, A. K., (2009) Change Point Analysis For Generalized Lambda Distributions.
Communications in Statistics-Simulation and Computation, 38, 1789-1802.
- 6. Ning, W., Zhang, S. G. and Yu, C. (2009). A Moment-Based Test for the Homogeneity
in Mixture Natural Exponential Family with Quadratic Variance Functions. Statistics and Probability
Letters, 79(6), 828-834.
- 5. Ning, W., Gupta, A. K., Yu., C. and Zhang, S.
G., (2009). A Moment-Based Test for Homogeneity in Finite Mixture
Models. Communication in Statistics--Theory and
Methods, 38, 1371-1382.
- 4. Ning, W., Gao, Y. C, and Dudewicz, E. J., (2008).
Fitting Mixture Distributions Using Generalized Lambda Distributions and
Comparisons with Normal Mixtures. American Journal
of Mathematical and Management Science, Vol. 28, NOS. 1\&2, 81-99.
- 3. Ning, W. and Kim, H. J., (2008). Residual
Pattern Based Test for Interaction in Two-way ANOVA.
Biometrical Journal, 50(3), 431-445.
- 2. Ning, W., (2008). Detecting an Unconditionally Identifiable Pattern in Two-way
ANOVA. Advances and Applications in Statistics, 9(2), 247-260.
- 1. Ning, W., (2007). A Moment-based Test of Genetic Linkage Under
Heterogeneity. JP Journal of Biostatistics, 1(3), 267 - 281.
- Hong Li (9/2009). Chair. Current position: Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics, Cameron University,
- Grace Ngunkeng (8/2013). Chair. Current position: Assistant Professor,
School of Mathematics and Computer Science, Lake Superior
State University, MI.
- Abeer Hasan (8/2013). Co-Chair with Professor Arjun
Gupta. Current position: Assistant Professor,
Department of Mathematics, Humboldt State University, CA.
- Ying-ju Chen, statistics (2012-). (Co-Chair with Professor Arjun Gupta)